Sometimes having curly or wavy hair is a love-hate relationship. Dealing with frizz and understanding the needs of your own curls is a journey in itself. Whether you are trying out the curly girl method or you are looking for the best vegan curly hair products available, this round-up will help you find the right products for you.
|Our Verdict||Product||Check Price|
|Best Curl Defining Shampoo||Noughty – Wave Hello||Check price on Amazon|
|Best Curl Defining Conditioner||Noughty – Wave Hello||Check price on Amazon|
|Best Curl Cream||Noughty- Curl Taming Cream||Check price on Amazon|
|Best Natural Styling Balm||Curlsmith – Hold Me Softly Style Balm||Check price on Amazon|
|Best Leave-In Conditioner For Thick Curls||Maui Moisture Curl Milk||Check price on Amazon|
|Best Conditioner For Untangling||Imbue – Curl Respecting Conditioner||Check price on Amazon|
Noughty Wave Hello Curl Defining Shampoo
- Pros: Great value for money, leaves hair feeling soft and healthy, reduces frizz, cruelty-free
- Cons: Some users found it too heavy for fine hair, doesn’t lather as much as traditional shampoo
This vegan-friendly shampoo has been designed for curly and wavy hair. It helps to cleanse and hydrate to improve softness and shine of hair. This shampoo is 97% natural and can be used on coloured hair.
I use this shampoo and my hair feels light and clean afterwards, I did find it lathers less than the shampoo I previously used but this isn’t a problem. I also use the curl defining conditioner and a small amount of scrunching gel.
Noughty Wave Hello Curl Defining Conditioner
- Pros: Value for money, nourishing, curl enhancing, fresh scent
- Cons: People with thick hair may find themselves using a lot of conditioner per wash
The Wave Hello conditioner is also 97% natural and is mineral-rich to deeply condition your curls. It leaves hair feeling soft and is suitable for all curl types. The conditioner is free from parabens, petrochemicals, sulphates, and silicone as well as being cruelty free and vegan.
My personal experience with this conditioner has been very positive. I put a small amount in my hair and then brush it through before washing it out. I like the fresh smell and my hair feels nourished after use.
Noughty Wave Hello Curl Taming Cream
- Pros: Defines curls, reduces frizz, lightweight
- Cons: Only comes in a small size (150ml)
The final Noughty product in our list is the curl cream. This is great for defining curls and managing frizz. The curl cream is lightweight but still holds curls. It’s a great option for anyone struggling with frizz and it smells great.
Curlsmith Hold Me Softly Style Balm
- Pros: Lightweight, soft hold to create a natural look, fizz free curls
- Cons: Probably not for you if you are looking for more defined curls rather than soft, natural waves
This is a styling cream that helps enhance curls and waves without feeling sticky. The balm should be used on damp hair and a small amount goes a long way. This balm helps to encourage curl formation while keeping a natural look.
Maui Moisture Curl Milk
- Pros: Hydrates and defines curls, smells great, nourishing
- Cons: Not the best option for fine hair
This is a leave-in conditioner that deeply hydrates, detangles, and defines curly and wavy hair. This curl milk uses coconut oil and aloe vera, it smells fantastic and is vegan. This conditioner is best for thick, curly hair.
Imbue Curl Respecting Hair Conditioner
- Pros: Detangles, reduces frizz, hydrates hair without weighing curls down
- Cons: Mixed reviews with a few users saying it left their hair feeling dry after use (this may be due to hair type)
The Imbue conditioner is lightweight and nutrient-rich to detangle and hydrate curly hair. If you struggle with tangles and knots, this is a great choice as it makes it easier to remove tangles without causing breakage.